Thursday 19 April 2018

What a team, Lindy's and Stencil Girl!!!!




Hello creative people! Welcome to my blog for those of you who are new, and thanks for taking a peek.  I have had so much fun playing with the Stencil Girl Stencils and of course, my favorite Lindy's products! 

I played and played and ended up with so many beautiful pages so I decided to make a journal!  I have used heaps of Lindy's products for this project, I just kept grabbing my sprays and magicals, and making page after page after page, but you can use as little as 2 colors if you prefer. 


 To start, grab your gelli plate, some white gesso, your favorite Lindy's sprays and magicals and some of the awesome Stencil Girl stencils. Today I am using Magical Shakers, Flat Fabio Sprays and Border Circles stencil, Circle 9 Stencil.


To begin printing, add some gesso to the gelli plate and then add your color, either spray or magical ...or both :)


Use a brayer to roll out the gesso and cover the gelli plate in a thin even layer.


Cover the  plate with a piece of paper and smooth over the plate with your hands, for this project I have used regular 80gsm printer paper, and then carefully remove the paper from the plate, this will give you a solid background color on your paper.

You can even mist the plate with Lindy's sprays and then apply the paper directly over the misted surface, pull the print and have another background paper ready to go.


Use the gesso and a magical shaker on the plate to get a more varied color.


Once we have some background colors on our pages...
 
 
...its time to bring in our stencils, You can add the stencil directly over the top of the prepared gelli plate. Place a sheet of paper ontop of the stencil and smooth over the paper with your hands. Pull up the paper to reveal the pattern left from the stencil....cool huh?!!



For me, this process went on for a few hours, adding color, pulling a print, adding a stencil, pulling a print, more color, add a stencil, remove a stencil and on and on I played, it was wonderful!!! By the time I had finished I had a huge stack of lovely printed papers, and so many to choose from.  I couldn't pick just one so...


...I decided to make a journal.

 
I selected some of the papers and folded them in half and glued them to a piece of chipboard using a glue stick so that the paper covered both sides of the chipboard


I trimmed the 'pages' down making sure I didn't cut the side that had the paper folded over the edge.


Then apply some texture paste through the stencil on some of the pages.


Add some stamping with Archival ink for added interest.


Add some black paint to the edges of the pages and bind them all together into a book. I have used a binding machine, but you could use a hole punch and add some rings instead. Here are just a few of the pages inside the bound journal.





I love how using the same stencil still gives a varied look to each page but they all go really well together.


For the cover I have added some washi tape, joint tape, Whichcraft chipboard, a chipboard sentiment and some hearts that I stamped and cut from one of the printed pages and a few splashes of white ink.
I had sooooo much fun making this project, I cant wait to print some more pages and make another one! 


Lindy's Products: Magical Shakers, Flat Fabio Sprays
Stencil Girl Products: Border Circles stencil, Circle 9 Stencil.
Other Products:  Gesso, Gelli plate, printer paper, washi tape, joint tape, Whichcraft chipboard, a chipboard sentiment, Black paint, Archival ink, stamps, chipboard sheets, binding spine, white ink, glue stick.

GIVEAWAY
One lucky winner will receive both a $25 Gift Certificate to Lindy’s Gang
AND a $25 Gift Certificate to StencilGirl Products!

Enter to win by leaving a comment below.
Then be sure to visit the other blogs in the hop and comment to win.
The more blogs you comment on, the more chances you have to WIN!
One winner will be chosen at random from all blog comments!
(One comment per blog please.)
You have until Tuesday, April 24th at 11:59PM Central Time to leave your comments.
Winner will be announced on
StencilGirl's Facebook page and Lindy’s Gang’s Facebook page on Wednesday, April 25.
Blog Hop Order:

Thanks for dropping by and have a magical day xx

57 comments:

  1. What a great idea to make a beautiful journal from ALLLLL your fun papers! StencilGirl Circles 9 is on my wish list for next order. I love your interesting technique with the gelli plate. Thank you for sharing! ~Rachel Bell bellbrzs (at cox (dot net)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE that stencil :) thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  2. OMG... I just want to get creating after seeing these pix... sooo inspiring and I love love the colors. Thank you for sharing!
    ImMysteryious(at)Hotmail(dot com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad to know you were inspired, thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  3. cool! Bailey(at)BaileyFiberArt(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is super cool! I have just recently started using sprays on my gel plate, and it's opened up a whole new addiction, lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, it is so addictive isnt it, theraputic and relaxing... can do it for hours :) thanks for dropping by

      Delete
  5. Wow! Super cool technique share! The journal cover is stunning! The process is also very helpful! Thank you so much for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have helped and inspired, it was so much fun :) thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  6. ALl pages are simply beautiful... looks so great !!! I never used this tool but found interesting. Thank you so much for inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to have inspired, thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous front cover and I appreciate the fact that you took the time to do all 4 covers. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to have to try Lindy's sprays on my gel plate thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its awesome :) Have fun and thanks for dropping by x

      Delete
  10. Love all these pages. Great tutorial on using these products with the gel plate. Need to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have as much fun as i did :) thanks for your comment x

      Delete
  11. Wow! Your pages are eye candy! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such beautiful pages. Can’t wait to try the Lundy’s products. Dee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, I LOVE me some Lindy's, i am sure you will too :)

      Delete
  13. Your pages look great. I love the use of color and the stenciling. Your cover looks wonderful! I really need to get a hello plate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are an awesome tool, thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  14. Thanks for sharing your fab project and process, now I know what to do with all those prints I have!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea Kerry! I don't have a gelli plate but I think the other techniques could work in making a book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Allison, you could just use your Lindys straight on the pages and make a book from them :)

      Delete
  16. Thank you for your clear directions and this awesome project! Amanda (at) meadowdance (dot org)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it, thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  17. Thank you for sharing. I am a newbie so really appreciate your lovely project!💗

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fantastic idea. Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay! Another reason to use my gel plate(s)! hahaha. Great journal & thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fantastic idea,it looks so great,I really need a gelli plate and that stencil,and the colours,wow

    ReplyDelete
  21. what gorgeous prints and finished page!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your journal cover is gorgeous! And I love that you shared the process of how you made the pages.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the use of the gelli plate! Great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your pages are beautiful.
    Love the different colors on
    each page. Binding them
    together keeps them safe and
    ready to use for notes, etc.
    thanks for sharing
    txmlhl(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous work Kerry, i LOVE your journal, well done <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. LOVE the folded page over chipboard idea!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just got a Gelli plate and have been so intimidated to even try it! You are going to be my courage :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Absolutely amazing range of colours and effects. I love the idea of using other mediums on the gel plate - I can see how you can get sucked into hours of printing! Thank you for the inspiration. I think there is a similar journal in my future!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such stunning pages. Love your use of the hello plate and the stencils. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Beautiful idea and book. Cathy Costelle

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love this journal! I think this would be great as a accordion style journal as well! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Amazing!!! A lot of beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Amazing and so creative! Love it! Thank you so much for sharing your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  35. What wonderful backgrounds!

    ReplyDelete