Saturday 2 July 2016

Solitary Seahorse - For Colour Blast

Hello.  Its Kerry here and today I have a Journal page with an underwater theme.


I started with a piece of 'webbed' type of fabric...


 and smeared the paste on with a palette knife.  I used 'Royalty, Deep Water, Bling, Singin the Blues and Envy'


Then I used my overpowered heat tool (AKA paint stripper) to 'fry' my coloured fabric.  I learned this technique from my Mum a few years ago and there is a demonstration video of the technique here Fried Fabric Video


Then I tore the fabric into smaller pieces to put into my background and spritzed with the 'Bling' shimmer spray.


 Next I took some webbed lace and cut it into smaller pieces and random shapes.


I used gesso to adhere this webbed 'lace' and painted over the top. Whilst the gesso was still wet, I sprayed a little of the 'Singin the Blues' shimmer spray over the whole page and rolled my brayer over it to blend.  This gave me a very subtle blue background.
 


 I took a small strip of gauze and the paste in 'Sunshine and Fire Engine' and massaged it into the gauze with my fingers and a few sprays of water.



Using the same paste colours, I 'painted' the Whichcraft chipboard seahorse. I added a sprinkle of the 'Leather' embossing powder over the top of my seahorse.
 

 I layered up my seahorse on the fried fabric, gauze and netting and added a few 'bubbles' with micro beads and stamping to the background.







Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment